Submit the on-line application before February 20th of the previous academic year
2nd cycle degree (300 ECTS) in architecture, landscape, civil engineering, archaeology, conservation science, cultural heritage or museum conservation
ALA Candidates have to meet VISA requirements for the three countries involved in the mobility (Italy, Greece and Portugal)
Applicants must have a Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English or correspondent
The ALA consortium has adopted a single admission procedure which will be administered and managed on line. All information for applicants and application forms will be published on the ALA website and connected sites at least 3 months before the application deadline. The deadline for submitting the application will be the 20th February 2019.
ALA is a post-graduate course open to students from partner and programme countries with a second cycle degree (equivalent 300 ECTS) from the following fields: Architecture, Landscape, Civil Engineer, Archaeology, Conservation Science, Cultural Heritage, Museum Conservation.
ALA Candidates have to meet VISA requirements for the three countries involved in the mobility (Italy, Greece and Portugal).
Candidates have to provide the following documents:
- Proof of nationality (passport copy with photo)
- Original and translated copy of the University diploma and of transcript of study results
- Curriculum vitae studiorum
- Motivation Letter (maximum 1A4 page)
- Letter of recommendation by two academic referees
- For Architects Portfolio and for others PDF of their bachelor/master thesis
- Proof of English language Certificate
- Signed Declaration of fulfilment of eligibility criteria for an EM scholarship
The Language of instruction is English.
Students involved in the ALA programme, if are not recipient of a scholarship, pay participation costs. Scholarship holders will have their participation costs paid via the EACEA grants allocated to the Consortium.
- Student Insurance for two years
- University overheads
- ALA workshops and field trips
- Design studios
- Pedagogical Material
- Educational trips to archaeological areas
- Course exams
- Thesis examination
- Library access
- Administrative-Managerial expenditures
- Publications of students’ work
- Organization of conference to promote students’ work
- Cost for issuing the diploma and the Diploma Supplement
- Publicity and Dissemination of the course and the outcomes of students’ work
- Organisation of online courses
The ALA Master has been awarded by EACEA a budget for a number of scholarships. The applicants with the admission requirements and the eligible nationality are encouraged to apply.
- 16 scholarships in four intakes to students from programme countries. (Programme countries students are these who are nationals or residents of one of the 28 EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands, UK. And also those who are nationals or residents of one of the following countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, and Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYRoM).
- 44 scholarships to students from partner countries (Partner countries students are these who are nationals or residents of neighbouring EU countries and Regions 5-12 (http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/about/who-can-take-part_en).
- 3 scholarships for ENI South Countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine1, Syria2, Tunisia)
- 3 scholarships for DCI Latin America (Brazil and Mexico)
- 3 scholarships for Latin America - remaining countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela)
- Participation costs: 4,500 euros per year
- Contribution to travel and installation costs: 1,000 EUR per year
- Contribution to subsistence costs: 1,000 EUR per month for the entire duration of the ALA programme (24 months maximum). This will not be given to the scholarship holders for the ALA periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in the country of their residence.
- Participation costs: 9,000 euros per year
- Contribution to travel and installation costs: 2 000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1.000 EUR for installation costs for a resident in a Partner Country less than 4000 KM from the Università di Roma La Sapienza OR 3000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1.000 EUR for installation costs (once-only) for a resident in a Partner Country 4000 KM or more from the Università di Roma La Sapienza
- Contribution to subsistence costs: 1,000 EUR per month for the entire duration of the ALA programme (24 months maximum). This will not be given to the scholarship holders for the ALA periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in any Partner Country exceeding three months.
The Consortium waiver of participation costs is offered to four selected excellent students per intake from the countries of the ALA Consortium Partners. Any other expenses, such as accommodation, travel, installation, insurance and subsistence are not paid by the consortium.
The applications will be pre-screened for formal requirements and only the complete applications will be assessed and shall be given over to the ALA Academic Committee for evaluation.
The Evaluation Criteria will be made fully available to applicants on the website to ensure full transparency. The merits of the applicants will be weighted as follows:
The list with the approved and rejected students will be delivered to the administrative office of the Coordinating University which will start the admission procedure.
- The official letter of approval;
- A model of the Student agreement;
- Student handbook with practical information on the EMMC.
All scholarship holders will be given direct access to the information regarding the applications’ assessment and evaluation phases.
Application call opening
DOWNLOAD THE CALL
For admission with an Erasmus Mundus scholarschip
Publication of shortlisted candidates
In order to access and complete your electronic application form, please follow the steps below:
(please check your spam in case you cannot find the confirmation email)